Sunday, February 18, 2007

What a waste...

... of a holiday to be ill in it. I knew I should have sorted out the 'flu jabs.

It's not too bad but I'm short of energy or heart for anything much, so please forgive my neglect of blogs and blogging. There's so much I wanted to write about and so many places I want to go but short of a few quick visits and replies to comments I can't seem to get much together. And we were going to go to the new Planetarium in Rennes, and to celebrate Chinese New Year on Saturday at the Lien Dong in Lamballe where I'd have had steamed wontons and Mi-Xao noodles and thought I might even ask if I could photograph the pretty embroidered panel with the restaurant's name on it...

I've put my nose outside the door a couple of times and the chiffchaffs have started singing and celandines are flowering and a whole scattering of brimstone butterflies have hatched out, oh boo hoo!

Never mind, there's still next week. See you all soon.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, get better quick.

Avus said...

Sounds rough - and all those outings put on hold (for later, I hope, even if it ain't still Chinese New Year!)
Still - chance to get some reading in, perhaps?

christy lee-engel said...

Gung Hay Fat Choy, Happy Chinese New Year, Lucy! May you feel completely better tout de suite, and thank you for the tantalizing glimpse of what might be to come next week.

herhimnbryn said...

Honey, whisky and a good book! Take care of yourself.
Thankyou for the celendine image.

andy said...

Sending thoughts of well-ness your way... Hope you feel better soon

Fire Bird said...

(o) (x)

Jonathan Wonham said...

Hello Lucy, I have tagged you.

You're ten favourite French films if you please.

I feel that if you're a fan of 'Eternal Sunlight on the Spotless Mind' (in your blogger profile) then you will probably have some good recommendations.

Hope you're feeling up to it.

Lucy said...

Thank you all, dear friends, for these kind thoughts!
Fortuitously, I happened to get in a bottle of supermarket whisky and a large bag of lemons beforehand, and also unearthed a bottle of mead (chouchenn), so I'm well set up!
Jonathan, I'm on it, but think perhaps I'll use this opportunity to look at one or two that are languishing unwatched among the DVDs just to be sure I've actually seen ten+ French films from which to choose!

Anonymous said...

Mead as a honey substitute I suppose. I hope the whiskey masks the taste :-) And get better soon xx

Marly Youmans said...

Lucy,

Hope you are better now--looking forward to the ancient crooked trees of France and bedecked poems! I've just come back from the Carolinas, and my celandines out front are sleeping under a yard or more of snow, alas.